- Collection of information
- Use of collected information
- Location of stored information
- Access to information
Collection of information
- IP and other information sent by your browser is automatically collected when you load a page from a Shot Mechanics server. This also includes referrer information, your browser and operating system type, and other information sent by your browser.
- IP and other information sent by your browser is also collected when you complete certain actions on Shot Mechanics, such as posting a comment or editing. Such information is retained for a definite amount of time, depending on the type of log and the project.
- Certain projects and services on Shot Mechanics allow anonymous users to contribute. These projects and services may publicly record the contributor’s IP address in the history. If a user wishes to hide such information, the user may create an account.
- Cookies are sent by Shot Mechanics servers to your computer. These cookies are used to enhance your experience and may store your user preferences, username(s), authentication information, and other information designed to provide you with a better experience.
- Some projects and services on Shot Mechanics may provide users with messaging and other methods of communication. When these capabilities are used,Shot Mechanics may retain copies of the information you have transmitted through Shot Mechanics servers.
- User contributions to most projects are retained indefinitely on Shot Mechanics servers and are publicly accessible on most projects. The user or IP address that made the contribution may be identified from the page history (or the page itself), and the content of the contribution is also available through the page history (or the page itself). In general, Shot Mechanics will not remove this information unless required to do so by law. Please note that logged in users will not have their IP address publicly recorded.
- Analytics information, such as referrers, browser capabilities, visit duration, and other standard analytics information provided by Google Analytics may be collected by certain projects and services on Shot Mechanics.
- The information collected is not associated with a certain IP address and cannot be used to identify a user. Analytics information is kept to provide Shot Mechanics with information that will be used to provide future users with a better experience.
Use of collected information
- The information collected byShot Mechanics may be used for the following purposes:
- The information may be used to protect Shot Mechanics servers, users, rights, and other assets.
- The information may be used to protect Shot Mechanics partners.
- The information may be used to prevent and respond to abuse on Shot Mechanics and partner sites.
- The information may be used to provide visitor statistics to improve the community’s experience(s).
- The information may be used to ensure the smooth operation of Shot Mechanics servers and to aid in the resolution of technical issues.
Users are advised to evaluate the risks of their actions. Users that accidentally disclose personal information may request an administrator or other user with the necessary permissions to remove the revision(s) containing the personal information. While each request is carefully evaluated, please note that there is no guarantee of its removal. If a page has been cached by Google, Shot Mechanics cannot directly remove that content. You may request assistance from Shot Mechanics staff, who have the ability to file a request with Google seeking the removal of the cached content.
Personally identifiable information disclosed by any user may be removed without warning.
Location of stored information
Access to information
Shot Mechanics grants access to information that is collected to certain users such as our staff members. Information may be released in the following circumstances:Information may be released to law enforcement agencies of the United States and Canada when Shot Mechanics is presented with a valid subpoena or compulsory request.Information may also be released to law enforcement agencies of the United States and Canada when Shot Mechanics believes it is reasonable to release such information to aid in investigations pertaining to the safety and security of Shot Mechanics, its servers, users, rights, and other assets. Information may be released for informal investigations at the discretion of Shot Mechanics.
Law enforcement agencies outside of the United States may be given information by Shot Mechanics if Shot Mechanics deems it necessary in order to protect Shot Mechanics servers, users, rights, and other assets. Partner sites may receive information from Shot Mechanics at their request, as specified in the agreement. Shot Mechanics will make good faith efforts to ensure that only trustworthy organizations and projects are partners.Information may be released to trusted individuals to protect Shot Mechanics, its servers, users, rights, other assets, and partner sites. In order for information to be released to trusted individuals who would not normally have access to such information, approval from Shot Mechanics security is required. This will be done at the discretion of Shot Mechanics.
IP and other information may be automatically sent to third party services if the user abuses Shot Mechanics. This is done through automatic anti-spam features and other features designed to protect Shot Mechanics. An abusive user is defined as one that is not utilizing Shot Mechanics in the way in which it was intended.
JURISDICTION AND VENUE
The parties agree that the applicable law to be applied to the use of this website shall be, in all cases, the law of the State of Idaho.